Saturday, January 19, 2013

REMORA HOLSTER TEST DRIVE

With a 25% off coupon, my choice of a holster was clear:   REMORA.com.

It's a confusing site to visit, so - as with all things web based - I handled the purchase over the phone.

The man at REMORA chose a large Glock revolver holster (size 8)  to fit Big Mama in, and the sizing was perfect.




fully enclosed


The outside of the holster is an odd, rubberized, STICKY feeling fabric.  It doesn't stick to your skin, but locks tight to fabric.  It doesn't even need a belt clip.


The holster goes a lot DEEPER inside the belt-line, but I  wanted you to see how well the trigger is covered to prevent 'trigger gouge'.


front and back

So I had to take them for a test drive at the Manatee Festival.

Can you see a holster on Big Daddy?
(what you DO see is his cell phone!)


Can you see it on Big Mama?  

Even when I pulled my shirt up, there's no tell-tale bulge. 
(other than my tummy bulge)


Even the poor Manatee had no idea how close he was to extinction.

WANT!!!

These are fully grown owls, and the woman "taking care of them" allowed them to repeatedly fly right into the huge glass Donation Bowl.


When I started feeling bad for the owls, it was time to leave.

The REMORA holsters never slipped, or allowed either of the weapons to move.

In fact, they were so comfortable we weren't aware they were snuggled against us.

20 comments:

  1. The good thing is, if you have to draw real fast and under pressure, you don't have any nuts to blow off. And you and Stud look MAVALUS today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm kind of a ballsy broad so, ya never know. DOCTOR STUD says "hey".

      Delete
  2. I had to tear my eyes away from that beautiful blue sky in order to look for a bulge. Never did see it, so I suppose your new holster is doing it's job well. Glad to hear you weren't being gouged during the festival. Added bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we didn't buy anything either (except kettle corn). No gouges in any direction~

      Delete
  3. I just bought a new holster and I HATE it! I need to consider the one you have for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to their site. It had me confused for a week until I called them and told them what I had and what I wanted. They had to look up the .357 because they weren't familiar with this particular pistol, but they got it right!

      NO belt clips, and it STAYS put.

      Delete
  4. It looks like a lovely day for a manatee festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 72 degrees and only two blocks of spectacular junk for sale. We just needed to get out of the house and enjoy the day.

      Delete
  5. Hi there,

    Yes it's me, Penny the Jack Russell dog and next Paw Minister of Britain. Which one is the Manatee in that photo? Thank you....


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could say it was the fat one: but that could be me.

      I could say it was the one with whiskers: but that could be me.

      It was the one UNARMED.

      Delete
  6. Lotta Joy - All I noticed was your lovely blue sky with sunshine and no one dressed like Eskimos. Stud has shorts and a tee shirt on. Love the weather and you both look wonderfully happy !

    The holster seems to fit like a good glove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say that every pistol has three holsters. I had two. The third (Remora) will be the last one I buy.

      Delete
  7. These are great shots... especially the up close owls! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't get over that the little ones are FULL GROWN. Mother nature (without humans to screw it up) is beautiful.

      Delete
  8. I think your holsters are a success. And those owls were/are gorgeous. Wowza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hated watching them fly into the glass sides of the donation box. VERY stupid for that woman to allow.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for bringing these holsters to our attention. I had never seen one of these before. I have a shoulder mounted gizmo which reminds me of a device somewhere between an Eastern European money belt, and a black sanitary napkin holder from the seventies ! I have several different kinds and none of them are quite right. My son is very fond of the kydex variety which he had custom made.
    You and Stud look very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they ARE made of kydex. The one for my .357 was going to be custom made until the found that the Glock .357 revolver is the same size. Nice company. Go to their website and use the 25% off coupon phrase.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. You are a Lotta Joy, a lotta smarts and a lotta great ideas too.

      Delete

Go ahead and say it. I can always delete it.